Why AnotherLevel support dropped from 7.2?

Anyone know why AnotherLevel support was dropped from 7.2 (it was still
supported in 7.1). The lines:

    elif [ -n "`grep -i AnotherLevel /etc/sysconfig/desktop`" ]; then
	PREFERRED=AnotherLevel
    fi

were removed from "/etc/X11/init/Xclients". The way the script is set up
if you have Gnome or KDE installed there is absolutely no way which you
can start up AnotherLevel or Afterstep without modifying the above
script. It's also a bit silly that "grep"'s are done on the
"/etc/sysconfig/desktop" when it is in shell format and could simply be
sourced.

This is a pain for us. We use the more basic AnotherLevel with Fvwm95 in
our stores to limit the users functionality. We don't want our users to
be able to fire off non-business related apps or get to a shell prompt.
Eventually we'd like to use Gnome, but limiting it and the learning
curve for our users is more than we want to take on right now. We can
and will modify the Xclients script but it's too bad when changes get
made like this that effect the greater end user community.

			- Matt

Matt Fahrner                                    2 South Park St.
Manager of Networking                           Willis House
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse               Lebanon, N.H.  03766
TEL: (603) 448-4100 xt 5150                     USA
FAX: (603) 443-6190                             Matt.Fahrner@COAT.COM