rawhide list

Jag wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Levente Farkas wrote:
>
> > it'd be useful to create a new mailing list for rahide
>
> THere is one.  And not only that, you sent that mailing list requesting
> its existance.   From
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/README:
>
> http://developer.redhat.com will host a web site devoted to Raw Hide,
> and
> the redhat-devel-list@redhat.com mailing list will be the centerpiece of
> discussion.

IMHO it'd not be useful (even if the readme said that) in this case
redhat-devel-list would be full of rawhide's problem. and even rh
doesn't agree with it (see below).

Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:

> John Ellson <ellson@lucent.com> writes:
>
> > Levente Farkas wrote:
> >
> > >hi,
> > >first of all IMHO it's a good think that rawhide is updated regualry (almost
> > >every day), on the other hand it'd be useful to be always consistent.
> > >it'd be useful to create a new mailing list for rahide. yes I know I can
> > >put bugreport into bugbase, but for a daily changing "distibution" it's
> > > too expensive and it's not easy to track.
> >
> > Question to the primary RawHide maintainers:  Is this true?  I would
> > like to know how we can help you best.  Would you like us to
> > submit RawHide bugs via BugZilla, or via this list (or one like it)?
>
> Bugzilla.

I vote agaist bugzilla in this case. I put bugreports about rh distro
into bugzilla, but rawhide is changing so rapidly, that I (and I assume
many other people) would not like to use bugzilla. there are dozens of
dependency bugs and other spec file specific bugs in rahide. it's much
easier to cut-n-paste the result of an rpm and send it vie email than
go to the web fill the form ... yes I'm lazy, but most case it can help
a lot if I send an email (at least more than if I neither send a mail
nor create a bugreport).
yes if you want I can choose the easier way: don't report anything:-)