Motif

On Friday 08 February 2002 00:41, Philip T. Cobbin wrote:
> I've had good results with open motif...and I believe it's now part of
> the redhat 7.2 release.  You have take hats off to the architects of
> motif when you consider Windows by microsloth and a slew of others are
> mere subsets of the original motif architecture.

Pardon??

1. Motif came (if I recall correctly) after Windows 2.0 or 3.0 came out. Not
sure about that, please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Red Hat will never add it to their distribution (at least not the free
ISO's version) since their license is pretty restrictive compared to FSF
approved license (I think you're not allowed even to use it on FreeBSD).

3. You might want to take a look at Motif Road Plan - during 2002 it will
have support for Wheel mouse, tooltips, and anti aliasing - something that
both QT and GTK already have (QT for a long time have it)..

Hetz