When is XFree86 v4.2 going to be available as a stabll package?

Hi

I tried to build the stuff from the rawhide area and found so many
dependancies would
conflict with the packages form Enigma (7.2).

I then boldly attempted to start from the xc tapes... eeaaahh-ouch.
Not knowing that the servers were not built I installed and KaPOW! No
more working
X windows.

After reinstalling and updating my system again. I decided to get on a
couple of lists.

My want for 4.2 stems from my purchase of an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon
8500DV AGP.

Yah I know..., but the card was just what I was looking for.

Here is the reason I am using this list and not the XFree86 list :

After installing the card then booting up, kudzo naturally detected that
my old card
was no longer installed, so I agreed to remove it's configuration but
the new card was
not detected. OK, the card is too new, and is not listed in
"/usr/share/kudzu/pcitable".

When I had the broken X from the xc sources installed the card was
detected with the
radion B200 chipset [1002 4243] in "/etc/sysconfig/hwconf" if I remeber
correctly. The
ieee1394 port was detected as well. Now the problem, my onboard Intel
Ethernet
[8086 2449] and PCI RTL-8139 card [10ec 8139] both had unknow
descriptions and
would not work even though the drivers appeared to be installed when I
did an "lsmod".

The original AGP card and all othere components worked fine before I
installed the
new card and again were fine after I replace original card.

Does anyone have any pointers for me?
Can I just edit the pcitable so that the card is detected properly?

Apparently Mandrake already has Support for 4.2 and claim support for my new
card. I don't care for mandrake but would like to see XFree86 updated to
v4.2.

Does kudzo need to be updated as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

Guy