Listening to Ports

Hi All,

I'm trying to write a perl script that listens to a specific port and
returns a web page when that port is accessed.

What would be the best way to do this? I searched the logs of this list and
found something, but the last result was in 1996, so I figure things will
have changed by now. Is there a good book I could buy on this ?

TIA,

Mark Carruth