nss_db

--- Bill Crawford <redhat-devel@billemon.org.uk>
wrote:
>  Um, which packages?  I havn't noticed anything here
> but I'm only up
> to about Thursday with Raw Hide ... I'll happily try
> a few things or
> do a before/after test around upgrading whatever is
> causing trouble.

I'm getting problems with nss_db. There is an
undefined symbol causing me to be unable to login or
ssh into the rawhide machine. The symbol is
__set_errno and when I try to ssh into the machine or
login at the console I'm just having login reset
itself and print a reference to undefined symbol by
this name. the problem is from the file
/lib/libnss_db.so.2.0.0 which belongs to
nss_db-2.2-12.i386.rpm and was from April 3rd. Apps
must have just started to be compiled against this
library, because it only started happening recently
and there is a compat package for backports...
I'm no programmer, so I just ran `nm
/lib/libnss_db.so.2.0.0 | grep __set_errno' and sure
enough the symbol comes up with the big ole U in front
of it. Why it's undefined... I can't imagine, but
packages are being built against it.
Any help is greatly appreciated. For now, I've copied
an old lib back so I can login.... but I still need
this verified to either file it or search for it.
Bugzilla turned up squat for me, but then again,
bugzilla never really likes me.
TIA
-Kev

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <RedHat Certified Engineer>