Re: reiser4 as a module

Hi

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Christian Stroetmann
<stroetmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Hola;
>
> On the 22.10.2010 12:02, Viji V Nair wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been trying to build reiser4 as a module, but the module which
>> is getting compiled having the "symbol" issue.
>>
>> <snip>
>> reiser4: Unknown symbol lzo1x_1_compress
>> reiser4: Unknown symbol might_fault
>> reiser4: Unknown symbol mutex_lock_nested
>> reiser4: Unknown symbol zlib_deflate
>> reiser4: Unknown symbol writeback_inodes_wbc
>> </snip>
>
> You mentioned this problem in the thread [1] as well.
> Check your pathes.

Nobody replied to that thread :). I am planning to push reiser4 in the
fedora official repository.
I have checked the paths, looks fine. Even I tried with some other
modules (cifs) and those are getting compiled and loads with out any
issue.

>> I could see from the reiser4 2.6.34 patch that it is adding
>> "EXPORT_SYMBOL" to few files in fs&  mm directories of the kernel
>> source tree. Can we have all these symbols defined in the core source
>> tree of resier4 also? Do we have a patch for this already?
>
> For what? See above.
> Btw.: To be honest, I find it a little bit off-topic, because it's about
> compiling a kernel module and not a R4 issue.

This was working fine untill 2.6.10 patch. You can find the same issue
in Open Suse/Ubuntu/Mandriva mailing lists.
The missing symbols need to exported in the module level, I think. If
I compile the kernel completely everything works fine, but that is not
I want. I dont want to disturb the stock kernel.

>> Thanks
>> Viji
>
> [1] Compilation Issue - Reiser4
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/reiserfs-devel/msg02508.html