Re: reiser4progs-1.0.7 compilation error.

Hello

I have followed the the documentation you have provided, got the same
result, version issue, here is the exact procedure I have followed.

1. Downloaded the latest stable kernel from kernel.org and applied the
reiser4 patch.
2. Used the existing fedora config file as .config and added
"CONFIG_REISER4_FS=y" in the filesystem section of the .config file
3. Complied and installed the new kernel without any error.
4. Rebooted the system from the newly installed kernel
	# uname -a
	Linux test01 2.6.31.4 #2 SMP Tue Oct 20 02:35:04 IST 2009 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
	# cat /etc/fedora-release
	Fedora release 11 (Leonidas)

5. Downloaded the libaal from the following link

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/fs/reiser4/libaal/libaal-1.0.5.tar.bz2

installed to /usr/local and added the lib path to ld.so.conf, the did
an ldconfig

6. Downloaded reiser4progs from the following link

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/fs/reiser4/reiser4progs/reiser4progs-1.0.7.tar.bz2

tried to install,

CFLAGS="-fno-stack-protector -I/usr/local/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" ./configure

got the same result (simple ./configure is also giving the same result)

<snip>
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
configure: WARNING: Can't detect right _FILE_OFFSET_BITS. Will be
forced to 64bit.
checking for off_t... yes
checking size of off_t... 8
checking for aal_device_open in -laal... yes
checking aal/libaal.h usability... yes
checking aal/libaal.h presence... yes
checking for aal/libaal.h... yes
checking for libaal version = 1.0.5... no
</snip>

I am running the latest updated fedora 11, x86_64. There is a fresh
installation, after that did a yum update.

Did i miss anything?

I think there could be some issue of the installer part which checks
the libaal version. Can u please have a look at it. If you want I can
provide a temporary access to the system.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Edward Shishkin
<edward.shishkin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Viji V Nair wrote:
>>
>> I have installed libaal already, it is installed on /usr/local. You
>> can see that the installer is finding libaal.h
>>
>> checking for aal/libaal.h... yes
>>
>> I think the installer is messed up with the version.
>
> Hmm.  Reiser4progs-1.0.7 are built on my
> x86_64 machine with Fedora 11 just fine..
>
> I think this is because configuration process
> can not find libaal.. Would you please rebuild
> with the following instructions:
> http://web.archive.org/web/20061113154749/www.namesys.com/install_v4.html
>
>>  I have downloaded
>> the libaal from the following location
>>
>> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/fs/reiser4/libaal/
>>
>> Also, I am not trying grub with reiserfs4,
>
> Actually the correct name is "reiser4".
>
>>  I just want enable
>> reiserfs4 support in fedora.
>
> You pointed to Reiser4_Howto/GRUB link