Re: Reiser4 Netbeans 6 problems

Thanks, Arend I will try this!
That problem for me was only with reiser4, no problem with 3.6 release.

Warm reagrds, Paolo

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 23:19:48 you wrote:
> berny® wrote:
> > Hi, Edward.
> > Last week I reformat my Ubuntu 7.10 64bit system to try Reiser4
> > filesystem (actually I'm using reiserfs 3.6).
> > I put all my partition (even / and except boot) on reiser4 kernel was
>
> 2.6.24
>
> > compiled in the kernel.
> >
> > I got strange problems:
> > the first was with netbeans java IDE, when I was compiling in the
>
> window on
>
> > the bottom of the screen I got only garbage (like little square) like
> > when you have a different char set than the good one!
> > After that the java app was working but it was impossible to see compile
> > warnings or errors.
> >
> > The second thing that happened was that sometimes my kde 3 desktop became
> > frozen, for example, konqueror window open then click on the cross, the
> > system froze for 10 seconds then the window close and all was normal
> > again.
> >
> > I formatted with standard options and also standard mount options for
>
> all the
>
> > drives and partition.
> >
> > My system is a striker extreme board, intel core 2 duo 2.4 4 gb Kingston
> > hiperX ram, 2 barracuda 500 Gb.
> >
> > Do you have some suggestions expecially about the java stuff?
> > Now I'm back to reiser 3.6 because I need to work with netbeans!
>
> Hi Paolo,
>
> Interesting that you see the squares in the Netbeans output window.
> I've seen them too but it didn't occur to me that it would be related
> to Reiser4. I'm running on a Gentoo box, Athlon XP 2400+,  kernel
> 2.6.22 with Reiser4 on all partitions, Netbeans 6 built from sources.
> I noticed that the squares appear initially but when the log grows
> (over a few KiB), the squares turn to normal characters. To force the
> log to grow, I changed the Ant verbosity to "verbose"
> (Tools/Options/Miscellaneous/Ant).
> Sometimes with a short log the blocks in the output window disappear
> when the compilation or XML transformation is repeated.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Arend
>

> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe reiserfs-devel"
> in the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mail To:
 berny@xxxxxxxxx

My Icq:95939684
My yahoo:mailer227
Aim:berny9944566
Msn:fugazzi995@xxxxxxxxxxx

Home Page: http://www.ukbor.net

"The day you decide that it is better to be a hypocrite and just do whatever
everybody else is doing and not be different, you have died you have
committed suicide."

"If you can love, love! If you cannot love, forget this one, find somebody
  else. But don't waste time! The question is not of this lover or that lover
  the question is of love. Love fullfills, people are just excuses."

"The moment you trust in let-go, the moment you stop struggling against
existence, you need not worry about anything; existence takes care.But it
takes care in its own way, not according to your desires, because if you have
desires, demands, you are not trusting existence. Trust simply means that
whatever is happening and is going to happen is perfectly right.
Existence is wiser than any individual, because an individual has a small
consciousness. Even if he is enlightened he is still just a dewdrop in this
vast ocean of existence. And what existence feels is right.
Existence cannot go wrong.
If it does not fulfill our desires, that simply means our desires were wrong."

©CopyRight 1998-2008 UKBOR Corp.®
   All Right Reserved.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe reiserfs-devel" in