Re: Reiser4: File lost during log rollback.

2007/9/19, Edward Shishkin <edward@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Xu CanHao wrote:
>
> >Hello!
> >
> >1, The system had some power lost recently, I believe the file lost
> >during one time(I did not write to that file at once).
> >2, Is there any evidence show that 2.6.22 much more stable(or at least
> >solved that behavior)?
> >

> Yes,
> it seems, you encountered the bug fixed in reiser4 patch for 2.6.22.
> This was discussed in the list a long time ago, also the description
> can be found in the patch header:

> 2) unix-file plugin fixups:
>    . Fixed bug in extent2tail conversion.
>      Bug description:
>        when converting partially converted file
>        (with flag REISER4_PART_MIXED installed)
>        reiser4_cut_tree() starts to cut old metatada
>        from wrong offset. Result is data corruption
>        when booting after system crach, power loss,
>        etc.;
>
> Please, update your reiser4 and reiser4progs to the latest
> versions, and let me know if any problems.
>
> Thanks,
> Edward.

oic, I recalled one of my partition is extent-only and it does not
have any data-lost for several months. It seems that if one use
extent-only, he/she would not experience such corruption(and maybe
better performance due to less tail_conversions?).

BTW: the latest _stable_ version is "reiser4-for-2.6.22-2.patch.gz"
for vanilla "linux-2.6.22.6.tar.bz2" and "reiser4progs-1.0.6.tar.gz",
right?

Thanks!