Re: Reiser4: File lost during log rollback.

Xu CanHao wrote:

Hello!

1, The system had some power lost recently, I believe the file lost
during one time(I did not write to that file at once).
2, Is there any evidence show that 2.6.22 much more stable(or at least
solved that behavior)?

Yes,
it seems, you encountered the bug fixed in reiser4 patch for 2.6.22.
This was discussed in the list a long time ago, also the description
can be found in the patch header:

2) unix-file plugin fixups:
  . Fixed bug in extent2tail conversion.
    Bug description:
      when converting partially converted file
      (with flag REISER4_PART_MIXED installed)
      reiser4_cut_tree() starts to cut old metatada
      from wrong offset. Result is data corruption
      when booting after system crach, power loss,
      etc.;

Please, update your reiser4 and reiser4progs to the latest
versions, and let me know if any problems.

Thanks,
Edward.

3, There is no /lost+found directory in a reiser4 partition(AFAIK it's ext2/3).
4, I've no idea _when_ does the file lost, so tracing the logs is not possible.
5, fsck.reiser4 reports no corruption.

Thanks!