Re: RHCE certification

My employer wants me to look into gaining the RHCE certification.

I've previously looked at the training manual by Michael Yang
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Certified-Engineer-Linux-Study-Guide/dp/0072264
543/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219405201&sr=8-1) and it seems to be
a good choice, but I'm wondering if anyone who has done RHCE could give
me their opinion on it and the certification process in general.

I have not reviewed the book in question. I recommend studying up on the material in the prep guide. It is there for a reason. If you feel you are confident with the material there .. you could just take the RHCE exam .. if you are not, and the part you feel weak in are services related .. I would consider taking RH253 and then the exam. RH253 is more in depth on services, or it was when I took it. The obvious answer is if you use the majority of the material in your daily life and know it well, you should be fine.

Barry RHCE, RHCDS, RHCSS, RHCA