From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Krishnaprasad_K@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:39 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: USB drives

Ur syntax seems to be correct. When you execute mount /dev/sdb1
/media/usbfixedhd manually it works right?

For more info about fstab, please see the below link

	http://www.humbug.org.au/talks/fstab/fstab.html

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad

Hey Scully,

It sounds like you could write a pair of short bash scripts to handle this. You could then place them in the start up and shutdown routines that are part of the runlevels. You can see several examples of such scripts in the /etc/rc.d/init.d directory. Just have the start up version create the directory and mount the drive, and the shutdown version umount and delete the directory. Hope this helps.

--
Jeff Hogg
System Admin.