Re: consent to monitoring banner for ssh

Bill Tangren wrote:
On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Bill Tangren wrote:

Well, you *could* do the "acceptance by logging in" thing... or you can
force them to type [yes|no].  Here's how I accomplish that.
Firstly, thanks for the help.

I've done this on a test platform, and I end up with a dialog box when I
log into the GUI, but hitting the cancel button still lets me in.

I DO NOT get a prompt when I ssh, nor do I get one from the text console
or tty consoles (ctl+F1 through ctl+F6).

Any ideas on implement this in those circumstances?

Have you tried implementing this by replacing the user's shell (in
/etc/passwd or equivalent) with your own wrapper script?

Hmmm...replace bash (or leave bash alone and replace the login shell in
/etc/passwd) with a script that calls bash if they say OK? No, I hadn't
thought of that. I'll try it on my test platform, and report back. It will
be interesting to see how Windows programs like putty and winscp handle
it.

You can create a wrapper. I'll look into the allowing access even when clicking no/cancel.

--
Shawn D. Wells
Solutions Architect, Federal Team