Re: Linux, RH, kickstart and PXE

Harry Hoffman wrote:
Hi Mark,

Cobbler configures, the PXE server and the configs, optionally a DHCP server, and integrates the kickstart files.

Ok. I just wish that wasn't buried in the !Wonders of Cobbler! <g> I will say that I *know* it won't be RHEL 5. 4, one hopes.... (Please, I just spent months, literally, fighting Solaris *8* - production hates current....)

In the latest version (0.6.2) it has a web gui...

I use it all of the time, feel free to ask any questions.

I may take you up on that.

	mark

I've been doing the PXE/DHCP kickstart install thing for some time now and cobbler took my 1+hr setup and made it into a 10min deal.

It's great! (and it's by the guys at redhat)

Cheers,
Harry

mark wrote:
Harry Hoffman wrote:
umm, this is kickstart... just a wrapper around it

Ok, if you say so. I saw no references to kickstart on the link, nor does it mention kickstart on http://cobbler.et.redhat.com - just a python api, but nothing else.

    mark

mark wrote:
Harry Hoffman wrote:
cobbler!!!

Not that my boss is opposed to F/OSS, but he explicitly said kickstart. It might be easier to get by production, as well, where I *guarantee* they never heard of cobbler.

    mark

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/cobbler/

It makes it all dirt simple :-)

Cheers,
Harry

mark wrote:
Does someone have a pointer to a good, complete, and usable HOWTO or FAQ?

    mark