From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of rstaaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:41 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list; redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: central sign-on for Red Hat?

From: "Angie Moore" <diabeticithink@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2007/08/16 Thu AM 11:13:52 EDT
To: <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: central sign-on for Red Hat?

Hi All
Is there a way to have all of my users (25 red hat boxes on RHES 4.0), to have their logon accounts and permission managed and configured from one server (like Active Directory does)? Would OpenLDAP do the trick? Or is there another way? As always, thank you for your help! Anne

There is the RedHat Directory Server if you need the support or you could
use the Fedora Directory Server if you can manage it on your own or with
community support from the mailing lists.

Redhat Directory Server
http://www.redhat.com/software/rha/directory/

Fedora Directory Server
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/