Re: ipw2200-firmware < 2.4

Thanx for all the replies, I don't have a wireless device attached, but I'll try updating it thru the extras channel before attempting to remove it!

From: Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ipw2200-firmware < 2.4
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 12:53:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Serge Dubrouski wrote:

ipw2200-firmware is an RPM (not provided by RH as far as I know) that
provides firmware for  Intel (R) PRO/Wilreless 2200BG Network Card.
Most probably the version that you have installed conflicts with the
kernel that you are trying to install, i.e. not supported by that
kernel.

ipw2200-firmware is on the Extras disk in RHELC. It is available from RHN in the extras channel.

On 5/2/07, steve rieger <riegersteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Buddy Jennings wrote:
> (oops forgot subject line)
>

>> when trying to run up2date I get the following message:
>>
>> Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
>> kernel-2.6.9-55.EL                       conflicts with
>> ipw2200-firmware < 2.4
>> kernel-smp-2.6.9-55.EL                   conflicts with
>> ipw2200-firmware < 2.4
>>

>> The following packages were added to your selection to satisfy
>> dependencies:
>> Package                                Required by

rpm -qa | grep ipw

--
eats the blues for breakfast,
does unix for rent,