Re: how to implement fencing ?

Hello:
          Here are some docs about setting up Linux with HA capabilities.

http://www.linux-ha.org/HomePage

http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/linux-ha.html

Ezra

On 5/1/07, aix tiger <aix_tiger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Guys

I am currently configuring RHEL cluster and as this is my first time to
configure RHEL cluster so i am facing few problems: I need you guys input an
help.

1. My first question is about fencing, I have configured HP ILO for both
of the cluster nodes. But while configuraing these fence devices for nodes
in cluster configuration tool , i am confused. Should i place both fence
devices(comil01 & comilo2) in same fence level and assign this fence level
to both cluster nodes.OR i should create two fence levels ( each with one
fence device ) and then assign these levels to each node.

2. How i can create a ethernet based heartbeat channel between the cluster
nodes. I have two nodes comm1 with ip address of 172.16.2.182 and comm2
with ip address of 172.16.2.183.Should i place a cross cable between the
other interface available on the nodes and put ip like 192.168.10.1 &
192.168.10.2 on them . Then how can tell my cluster to use this ethernet
link as heartbeat between the nodes?

Please advice as i am a newbie for this sort of cluster configuration on
RHEL

Best Regards

Polani

Ezra Taylor