New Linux User w/Question about USB Devices

Hello Linux Community Members and thank you for having such a great
alternative to Windows. I am a new user of Linux, having just recently
installed Red Hat 9.0 on an un-used HP Pavilion Desktop PC. Everything
appeared to have installed without trouble and so far I am having a great
time learning Linux. However, I can't seem to understand one function
within Red Hat. After doing some searching I found many suggested methods,
but I'm unsure which function is correct. Here's my question: how do you
install (or mount?) USB devices? I have 2 USB devices that I can't quite
seem to get working under Red Hat. The first device is a USB Wireless
Adapter from Linksys and the other is a ATI All In Wonder USB video
capturing device. The overall goal is too have this system act as a PVR,
using the ATI Wonder in conjunction with MythTV. I do see the USB devices
listed under "System Devices" from the hardware manager. I'm sure where to
go from here. Thank you in advance for your assistance and feedback!