-----Original Message-----
From: Götz Reinicke [mailto:goetz.reinicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Hi,

yes I tried this and disabled manually crond, than webmin and than usermin and the server boots, but I'm still not allowed to login locally or by ssh :-((

Have you booted into runlevel one from grub and reset your root password ?

yes.

Have you checked that your hosts file is setup to correctly get the name of the box ? Im not sure why this would affect crond but its worth looking at ;) Check nsswitch.conf too.

yes, it is.

Is sshd running ?

yes.

Is selinux running ? If so try disabling that.

There is no SElinux setup.

The starnge thing ist, that if i boot into runlevel 1 and than switch manually into runlevel 3, I can log in by console and by ssh. Also I'm able to start the deamons crond, webmin,... which hang.

If I boot directy into runlevel 3 the system hangs if I autostart the deamons and if I disable the deamons I'M not allowed to login...

Any more ideas?

Thanks a lot and best regrads

Götz
--