Serving LexMark color printers through samba

We are having problems with some of our Windows XP connecting to LexMark print queues that are on our RedHat
En 3 system.

The Windows computers are attached through samba; they can open up Network Neighborhood, see the server and its printers. The same Windows computers can print successfully to our HP printers through our RH samba server. The print jobs to the LexMark color printers are listed in the cups/error_log and in the page_log. However, these jobs remain on the Windows print monitor and active on the server's queue and never print.

2.4.21-37.EL   is the version of the RedHat system
samba-3.0.9-1.3E.5
cups-1.1.17-13.3.32

We have even used a raw queue on the server and downloaded the LexMark print drivers to the Windows computers.

Any ideas?