Re: same email to two Ip addresses

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 01:24:43PM +0100, Geetha Thanu wrote:
> Sorry not IP addresses. As you have given to two
> different domains.
> I am using sendmail.

Without knowing a lot more about your configuration and assuming it's
fairly basic now, the easiest thing to do is to have both domains have
an MX record that points to your new server's IP address.  Then on the
target server, edit /etc/mail/local-host-names and include both domains.
Then restart sendmail.  Make sure your DNS probably resolves both
domains.

        .../Ed

> --- Ed Wilts <ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 09:36:20AM +0100, Geetha
> > Thanu wrote:
> > > since we are in the process of changing domains, I
> > want to get a copy
> > > of the mails which are coming to old domain to the
> > new IP address
> > > automatically.
> >
> > IP address or domain?  Those are quite different.
> > Do you want
> > user1@xxxxxxxxxxx to be identical to
> > user1@xxxxxxxxxxx?
> >
> > Which MTA are you using?  sendmail or postfix?
> >
> > --
> > Ed Wilts, RHCE
> > Mounds View, MN, USA
> > mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx
> > Member #1, Red Hat Community Ambassador Program
> >
> > --

Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx