Re: Wireless on Dell Inspiron 5150 (was RE: dual boot laptop)

Wayne Betts wrote:

<snip>

BTW, this laptop used to have RH9 with ndiswrapper 0.4, and we got that
working, albeit with the caveat that steps had to be done in just the
right order.  We came up with a couple of scripts for various scenarios
that worked, but if you tried to tweak them, even in some surprisingly
simple ways, things would fall apart.  It was sheer luck that I stumbled
across the magic order in the first place.  But at least that worked --
now we have nothing. :-(

So, if you can either enlighten me, or at least give me some hope that
it can work, I'd appreciate it.  I've Googled my fingers off, with
tantalizing tidbits of hope, but no joy so far.
That all sounds horribly familliar. I juggled commands around for weeks before I found a magic script that worked in FC2, but it wouldn't work in FC4. I did get it working just once in FC4, and while I thought I had documented each move, I can't repeat the win. I have a thick pile of how-tos to read before I give up, but it takes a lot of time. My new machine may arrive first - then I start again.

Regards,
Peter