Re: Email Server Solution

Steve Buehler wrote:

At 10:52 AM 8/2/2005, you wrote:

It sounds like most of your problems with AOL blocking you because of spammers or viruses could be stopped by setting up a spf (TXT) dns record for your domain or the domains that you are in charge of. AOL pays attention to these and will drop any mail that comes from an IP that you do not put in the record.

Ok. I give. What in the heck is an spf (TXT) record? Something that just came out this year? I have everything that AOL requires now. If that is a new term for a PTR or reverse record, then I already have it.

Steve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

--
Jason Huddleston, RHCE, CCSA
Assistant Coordinator Internet Services and Security