Re: system down - can't find luns (correction)

The purpose of the labels is to ensure that this doesn't happen - the
label can be anything and does not have to match the device name.  In
your case, a more useful label would be something like bbls.  So you
could have:
# e2label /dev/sda1 bbls
and in your fstab have:
LABEL=bbls /usr/local/bbls ...

Is this something that's different on AS 2.1 from 7.3 (which is what the server was on before)? The reason I ask is because I've never been bitten by this before.

I ran the e2label command on both filesystems. Since we have it back up and running I can't risk a reboot right now to test it. And I can't tell any difference looking at /etc/fstab. But I'm going to assume it worked since there were no error messages.