Re: Can not update a freshly loaded Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS

Robert,
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I can not make sure that all of the machines are identical - hardware or software. I can accept that there might be a hardware problem with this machine as it is a bit elderly. However, it would seem odd that this is the only error.

In your previous message you mentioned waiting a bit and trying again. While I didn't do this with the thought that it might solve the problem, I have waited and it appears to make no difference. I will try this more systematically. If this is the problem it would be nice if Red Hat could handle it somehow as I will always have multiple downloads on a given day. That is the whole point of my attempt to standardize our systems.

Thanks again,

Dave Basener

Robert Williams wrote:

I also ran into the problem during installation.  It also has to do
something with either the physical hard drive or the main board.  It might
be helpful to make sure all the machines (if you can) are identical to avoid
that and to narrow down the possible problems.

Robert Williams
Programmer / Web Developer / Network Administrator
Covenant Data Systems, Inc.
http://www.covenantdata.com
rwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
"... be the change you wish to see in the world."  - Gandhi

David Basener               http://www.aurora.edu/~dbasener
System Administrator                Dave.Basener@xxxxxxxxxx
Aurora University                              630 844 4889