Re: Monitoring resources and network use

Salvador Santander Gutiérrez wrote:
Hello, list.
We need to analyze continously the use of resources and network.

What tools are good for this task?
We've found sacd for the resources use. Is there something similar for
network use?

Thanks.

On a single box? On multiple systems? All on the same broadcast domain (a hub, or a span port is available)?

For multiple systems...
I would check out cacti or cricket, they are pretty simple and use snmp and rrd to generate graphs that you specify. You can specify CPU/DISK/RAM/NIC usage graphs. There are some templates for standard configs in both products.

For a single box (or if you are on a hub or have a span port) have a look at ntop.

-Ben.