SSH question

I have a client with a RHEL ES 4 box and a client of theirs has a windows 2003 server box. We can't get IPSec to work between the two networks. So now we are trying to work out a different way for their RHEL box to access their windows box. The tech on the other side installed openssh for windows on the windows server. He says that you can't use a public key with the windows version like you can with the linux version and we will always have to enter a password to do the ssh tunnel. Is there a way to run the ssh command so that it can start up when the system starts and connect to the remote machine putting in the password automatically when asked for it? I know this isn't as secure, but we are running out of options trying to get the two servers to talk to each other. They have java programs on the RHEL box that need to connect securely to MSSql on the windows box.

Thanks
Steve