Re: terminal server recommendation?

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Noah wrote:

Hi there,

well I am needing some more remote control to my machines at my colo
facility.  can you possibly recommend a really nice terminal server?

also what about remote power cyclers?  any clues here?

I highly recommend the cyclades products. They run ssh, you can remotely dial in to them. They integrate into the power switches so if you need to kill power to the boxes from the terminal you can do that easily including multiple powersupplies. The price point is on the higher end, but if you are doing lots of datacenter work it's worth every penny.

They also run linux which is a plus in my book.

http://www.cyclades.com

-Nate

--
Nate Golnik