Re: RHEL 2.1 -> RHEL 3

Stuart Sears wrote:

On Sunday 20 February 2005 23:45, Peter Smith wrote:

Thanks Ed, that is what I was going to do. My question is - how do I
access the download? Do I sign up for the 30-day trial? Or, have I not
yet found the correct web page?

do you have an existing RHN login name and entitlements?
if so, log in to rhn.redhat.com

Right! I was on www.redhat.com ... (didn't read the email properly, did I?)

click on the Channels link on the red bar

That was the other clue I needed

then on the Easy Isos links which should appear in the new list on the left
you should see a list of channels for which you may download iso images.
you will most likely see RHEL 3 and RHEL 4 there. Make your choice and download them.
If you *don't* have an account with RHN/RedHat, you'll need to sort this out before you can log in and download anything.
I take it that the AS2.1 install on your server came with a support agreement?

Yes, I have 3 years of support. I assumed that once the website recognised I was registered etc, the appropriate options would be obvious.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart.
Peter Smith