Re: up2date temp folder

jim martin wrote:
Hi.. I have a Red Hat Linux Enterprise installed and
configured to auto update using up2date function
I want to download the update patch into a folder
first and auto install but still keep the update
patches in that folder, is that possible? I used the
following command but it prompt me error. Why?

Beside Where can I configured the frequency or timing
to auto update using linux command ?

[root@Liunx up2date]# up2date --tmpdir=/home/up2date

No interactive mode available
Please specify either -l, -u, --nox, or package
names as command line arguments.
usage: up2date [OPTIONS] [<packages>]

Try reading /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date It has lot's of options such as:

	storageDir=/var/spool/up2date
	## *(note this is where your RPMS are downloaded to)
	keepAfterInstall[comment]=Keep packages on disk after installation
	keepAfterInstall=1

As far as scheduling, you could just put a crontab to do
	up2date --nox -u
Then let cron do it, that way it will mail you the output too.