Re: GUI didn't start 3 days ago

NYINYI wrote:
This is not concerning with start services cuz of all startup services are ok.There was one thing , I can't login command line too .if I can login command line mode with root or normal user . I can configure some GUI program.

Since you said you can login via ssh from another system do the following....

1.  Login to your Linux server as root.

2.  Edit the /etc/inittab file to change:

    id:5:initdefault:
    id:3:initdefault:

3. Reboot your Linux server. The above change will give you a command line login only.

4.  Properly configure your X-Server...  testing with "startx".

5.  Once you are statisfied.  Undo the changes in #2 and reboot.

Ed

I'm using RH 9's NAT DHCP both of GUI and Command line .In 3 days ago , I login with normal user and I faced some error like that GUI mode can't start and show me login message again.I login again and found same error. Login with root and can use all day. The next day ,
I can't login both of normal user and root whatever i try . I can see all startup ok .I can't get only GUI login. How ? Linux server trying to start UGI again and again after I open this server. Need to overwirte update. ? Copy all my data with SSH connection form xp or w2k ? This is my idea. Let me know urs .

 Thanks in advance

 NYINYI
 Technical Engineer
 MMG Technologies

------- End of Original Message -------

-- "I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."

--The computer "Deep Thought" in "Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy"