Display question

Hello All, Ive been lurking on this list for about a week. Im an oracle DBA and am setting up Oracle RAC in a lab environment, using RH ES 3.0 and the following excellent document http://www.puschitz.com/

Ive installed Linux and although its a cosmetic problem, my issue is I cant get a better resolution than 800x600 on any machine

machine 1 Compaq preserio ATI Mach 64 3D Rage Pro 4 M best is 800x600 on a 17 in monitor

machine 2 dell laptop NVIDIA GeForce 440 Go (dell mobile) this x window is only about 5 inches by 5inches

machine 3 Dell inspiron 32M Nvidia Geforce MX With tv out 800x600 17 in monitor

from display manager the probe monitor is disabled (grayed out)

Id like to get a nice 1024x768

What do I need to do?

TIA
Bob

--
"Oracle error messages being what they are, do not
highlight the correct cause of fault, but will identify