Re: MySQL php error

Thanks for the help.  Just to clarify.

running MySQL version 4.17 standard
installed php-mysql-4.3.2-18.ent.i386.rpm
client 5.01
OS RH Enterprise Linux 3

After installing php-mysql-4.3.2-18 I still am getting this

*Warning*: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in */var/www/html/postnuke/html/pnadodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php* on line *339*
Error connecting to db
Program: /var/www/html/postnuke/html/install/db.php - Line N.: 45
Database: webdb
Error (1251) : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Any ideas?

IT Dept wrote:

Just to note, there is no such mySQL version (4.3.2) so ...

Assuming for the moment that you are running a 4.0.xx version of mySQL
you could try this link:

http://at.rpmfind.net/opsys/linux/RPM/mysql/MySQL-4.0/MySQL-shared-compa
t-4.0.18-0.i386.html

I didn't see where you posted what version of RH you are using. If I
knew what version you had I could help direct you to the right archive.
Best chances (unless you are running RHEL) are:

http://rpm.pbone.net/
http://fedoralegacy.org/
http://www.rpmfind.net

The big problem is that most contrib'ed RPMs for php-mysql are made
based on older versions of mySQL (installed on the creating system) so
be aware that you might be stuck with either using an older version of
mySQL (3.28.xx) or upgrading the whole shabang.

For RHEL, I'd stick with what ever they list as the "approved" RPM
package.

Currently in Fedora Core the versions that are listed togeather are
php-myslq-5.0.2-7 and mySQL-4.1.7-3.

Good luck.

Paul Pettit
IT Manager