Re: Mounting Novell fs

Malcolm Kay wrote:

But for the IPX connection I'm not able to find a setup wizard under
the default desktop, nor have I been able to find anything in the man pages or gnu info on how the relevant setup files work.
(My wife tells me I'm blind and can't find anything anywhere at
anytime).

I believe what is required is some additional assignments in
/etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.
And I believe I've gathered some clues by perusing the scripts
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network, /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup
and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-ipx.
Is this documented somewhere?

Now, I'm assuming you have read:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IPX-HOWTO.html

Right?

I haven't set up IPX since way back in 1997, so please don't ask my brain to give you the answer, but I do remember I got it going with the aid of this document.

Regards,
Ed.