Re: Upgrade Network Card

Andrew.Bridgeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello,
           I currently run a few Redhat machines on 7.1 and 7.3. I have
bought some 1 gig network cards to put in the machines but i am unsure of
what i need to change config wise to get the machines to use the 1 gig card
instead of the current 100 Mb card. Can someone give me a quick guide as to
what i need to do and how, in very simple terms please. Thanks

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman
IT Systems Engineer
Corus Automotive
IARC Building
University of Warwick
Coventry
CV47AL
Tel: +44 (0)2476 241262

If the 100Mb card is a physical removable one, can't you just REPLACE it with the 1Gb card? If the hardware is relatively compatible, kudzu should re-configure it?

Pick the least used PC on your network and try it.

Regards,
Ed.