Re: General redhat newbie advice

Stuart Pittwood wrote:

Right,
I've been running windows based networks for a few years now and would like to look at Linux to see what it can do for us. I'm not looking to migrate away from windows totally but I do like the idea of not having to pay windows license fees for DNS, DHCP, Web servers etc.
Can anyone recommend some good books to get me started (the redhat books look pretty good at the moment). Also, does anyone know of any sites which can walk me through setting up a DNS server etc?
I'm not looking for something that will try to teach me what a a DNS (or whatever) server is as I already know that, more how to configure it on a Linux box.

Take a look at "Linux Administration Handbook", Evi Nemeth, et. al. published by Prentice Hall. It pretty much covers most anything you might what to do on a Linux box. In terms of working individual Linux server applications, anything from O'Reilly should do the trick.

Cheers,

Bill