Re: How to force kudzu to look for hardware changes at boot up

On May 22, 2004, at 6:59 PM, James D. Parra wrote:

Thanks. Since there is already a Perc3 SCSI adapter installed would the new
entry in /etc/module.conf conflict with it?

<snip>
probeall scsi_hostadapter megaraid
<snip>

If the megaraid is being identified with scsi_hostadapter, then use the following instead:

alias scsi_hostadapter1 advansys

By the way, didn't know that only RH users could use this list; especially
since Mandrake is based on the RedHat distro. Regardless, I use both distros
and subscribe to many of the valuable Linux lists out there. Nor do I want
to start a flame war either, but this list tends to have solid, practical
answers. Therefore, here I am.

My concern is that your post doesn't cause confusion to other less-experienced users. You never actually _said_ you're using Mandrake, but your reference to harddrake gave it away. Other Red Hat users might have read your comment and wondered where _their_ harddrake was. :)

P.S. Please don't top post.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting