Re: Question about network setup

Jack Wang wrote:

Hi all,

My OS is Red Hat 9.0. I use DSL and wireless router.
I set up the network by using "Network Device Control"
of Red Hat. The problem is that everytime I reboot the
machine, I need to re-activate the eth0 device. After
that the network works fine. I have selected "activate
the network device automatically when booting up". Why
it does not work?

Check the logs, and let us know why it's not starting. We may be able to help you further then.

Another question is that there is only one line in the
file /etc/hosts, which is:
192.167.7.12   mypc

Is it correct?

Not usually no, even the default hosts file has a comment to NEVER remove the local host entry.

Regards,
Ed.