PCMICA - Toshiba laptop

Title: RE: kernel config for memory > 1 Gig?
Hello all,

I’m currently installing Redhat 9.0 on my Toshiba Satellite 2545CDS and am running into one issue (so far).

I had problems getting the PCMCIA going, but used the following URL: http://www.geocities.com/yacarf/toshib.txt to correct the issues. All seems to work fine.

Now that I have the PCMCIA drivers going, I inserted my LinkSys PCM100 ethernet card and heard the appropriate “beeps”. Once I configured the Ethernet adapter using “setup” all seemed to work fine, the link light was on, etc. However the laptop locked up soon afterwards. When booting with the Ethernet card installed, the booting process stops after the PCMCIA drivers are loaded, then I see a message, “ip_tables: © 2000-2002 Betfilter core team” This is where it locks up.

I tried shutting off IPTABLES ($ chkconfig iptables off) but this did not work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find a clue to what is going on? I checked the /var/log/messages file, nothing was noted.

Thanks in advance,

Mike