re: sendmail

At 18:05 4/20/2004, you wrote:
Until 3 weeks ago , all work properly (smtp and pop). Now , the smtp accept
only email form the first address and it don t passes the 2 lasts addresses.
So I want to make my own solution so that I keep working with netscape (or
kmail).
My question is , is sendmail able to relay my mails direcly to their
receiver(without using smtp ISP server).

Yes. Set your mail client to send mail via "localhost" (or whatever specific configuration you have to do, perhaps 127.0.0.1 as "outgoing mail server" or "smtp server") and make sure the sendmail service is running:

# service sendmail start
# chkconfig sendmail on

Then, run "netstat -leanp | grep sendmail" and make sure that it is *only* listening on 127.0.0.1 and *not* on any external IP address. You should then be OK sending mail directly.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com