Skype & internet P2P telephony

A friend of mine in Austrailia just asked me if I have Skype installed.
Naturally, since I'm using Linux, I don't: Skype is a Micro$ucks
program for P2P telephony. Is there a Linux version of this software
that I can use to chat with her?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Russ.
                         Visit my nursery:
             http://www.angelfire.com/linux/behnesnursery/
                  The Behne Family Genealogy Project:
              http://www.usgenealogy.net/members/rwbehne/
*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*
|              -----=====[Russell's Quotes 1]=====-----                   |
| "There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the      |
| State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent     |
| power, from which all its own power and authority are derived, and      |
| treats him accordingly."                                                |
|     -- Henry David Thoreau, 1848 (Resistance to Civil Government)       |
|     http://www.mises.org/fullstory.asp?control=1050                     |
|              -----=====[Russell's Quotes 2]=====-----                   |
| Things that are bitterer than gall,                                     |
| Physicians say are always physical:                                     |
| Now women's tongues if into powder beaten,                              |
| May in a potion or pill be eaten,                                       |
| And as there's nought more bitter, I do muse,                           |
| That women's tongues in physick they ne'er use.                         |
| Myself and others who lead restless lives,                              |
| Would spare that bitter member of our wives.                            |