Re: Mirror with Rsync,

At 07:39 2/16/2004, you wrote:
I never use rsync via FTP itself ( I only use it via SSH). But check the
manual.

Rsync does not do FTP, IIRC. However, it does have a daemon mode which is what Red Hat and others use. For private use, using the "-e ssh" option for a secure data transfer is, as far as I am concerned, the only sane thing to do. I've gone so far as to alias "rsync" to "rsync -ave ssh" so that is my default command. I type in the full path (to get the actual command) on the rare occasion when I want a plain rsync session from a public server.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com