Re: Problem with wireless card module

NV Karyadarsi wrote:
Hello everybody,

I joined the mailing list today and I have a problem.
I have Redhat 9 installed on my Intel box. I have
installed a wireless network card for my network at
home. I also managed to get the driver for the card
(it is a file with *.o extension). The driver is
presently in my home directory. However during kernel
boot, it fails to start the ETH1 which corresponds to
the wireless card. I realize that the module should be
included at the boot time in order for it to recognize
the network card.

Can someone tell me how I should proceed with this? My
requirement is that I should be able to let it
recognize the network card and not do it myself
everytime (I use insmod command). And also, should the
module be placed in any of the system folders like
/etc?

Please advise!

you need to put the line:

alias eth0 <name of your module>

in your /etc/modules.conf

where to store the module I'm not sure. Maybe somewhere in /lib/modules, but someone else better jump in here.

Regards,
Ed.