Re: SpamAssassin and Sa-Learn

Hey Richard,

I just wanted to follow up and let you know that the RPM's you directed me too had dependencies/confilcts contrary to the RH9 provided RPM. It was easier to uninstall RH's version and just install the current version RPM's. I now have sa-learn and all is well. Thanks for you assistance.

You can do an upgrade over the previous version.

Craig Daters wrote:

Should I uninstall the RH9 SpamAssassin RPM before I install the one from the site below, or can I just do an update?

craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have installed the SpamAssassin RPM for RH9 and all is working fine.
However, I would like to start using the bayes portion of SpamAssassin and
teach it was is and is not spam for our business. Except I cannot find
Sa-Learn anywhere on my machine! Did the builders of this RPM neglect to
include this? Am I crazy and just not finding it. I do a "locate sa-learn"
and get nothing. I do a "man sa-learn" and get nothing.

Could someone shed some light on this for me?

Did you install the spamassassin-tools rpm as well. FYI, the RH9 RPMS for SA are from an older version. You would do good to update them to the current release. You can get RPMS here.

http://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/spamassassin.taint.org/spamassassin.org/released/RPMs/

--

Richard Humphrey

believed to be clean.

Richard Humphrey

believed to be clean.

---

Craig Daters (craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Graphic Designer / Systems Administrator
West Press Printing & Copying
1663 West Grant Road
Tucson, Arizona 85745-1433

Tel: 520-624-4939