Re: Trouble with GRUB and multiple HD's

Hi Pete,

The drive HAS to be bootable "as it is right now". Otherwise I would never know
that GRUB was failing at Stage 1.5. The odd bit is that the system boots via a
boot floppy (or boot cd) from using mkbootdisk. But perhaps this isn't so odd as
GRUB is eliminated when booting in this fashion. I just don't know.

Cheers,
Harry

Quoting Pete Nesbitt <pete@xxxxxxxxx>:

*> Harry,
*> This is very strange. Your floppy boot works but the hda mbr fails. hmmm
*> I think Otto touched on this, but is the drive bootable (physically not
*> according to a fdisk flag). Do you have a old test hd you could swap in just
*> to eliminate the chance it is the hdd actually causing the probs.
*> --
*> Pete Nesbitt, rhce

--
Harry Hoffman