Question regarding externally compiled modules

Up2date is a beautiful thing, but a real pain when it comes time for the
kernels. I am using the Intel iANS modules to do AFT between my nics.
This requires that you compile the modules needed for your kernel. This
means that I cannot remotely update my servers. If I use up2date and get
the new kernel and reboot, then the modules are not there and the
network can't come up. I have to rebuild the modules while the new
kernel is running. Or do I? Everything else works great, but that one
niggling item. Is there a way to have the modules rebuilt automagically
when a new kernel is installed?
--
Edward M. Croft
Sr. Systems Engineer