Re: Email users

At 09:13 2/6/2004, you wrote:
The key in sendmail.cf is:

O PrivacyOptions=goaway

Generally speaking, Red Hat Linux (and other modern distros) recommend that people DO NOT MODIFY sendmail.cf unless they are expert enough to know exactly what they're doing. Instead, the proper modifications should be made to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc (which is far easier to work with), and the sendmail.cf file should then be recreated. In Red Hat Linux 9 and Fedora Core 1, for example, simply restarting the sendmail service is enough to apply the changes.

I believe the line to modify (although I am not 100% sure) is the "confAUTH_OPTIONS" line. Don't have my Linux box at hand to check right now and don't have it memorized. :-)

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com