Re: Kernel Panic

OK
Tried the change in grub.conf to ro root=/dev/hda1
And the boot  got a little further it stopped with complaints about
missing init.
Stuart mentioned making the same changes in fstab by which I read that I
did not have to do it because I had made the grub.conf change.

I think hda1 is correct how do I verify it is?
Given the previous kernel always boots OK have I reached the point where
I should remove the latest kernel and up2date it again.
If so could someone walk me through removing the kernal please.
No rush I'm going to get some sleep, partly because some of this I
should know but can't recall, so I won't be trying any more until Friday
night at the earliest.
Regards Roger