RE: Belkin Regulator Pro UPS (with USB)

Otto Haliburton said:
> If I remember correctly, the USB port is not supported, only the serial.
>  I have both connected cause USB is supported in windoz.  I think I
> called them to find out why it didn't work and was told that the serial
> port is the only one supported for linux.

Hm.  On the product page, located at

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=76&pcount=&Product_Id=21138

...it reads, in part:

"Software compatible with Window ® 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT, 2000 and XP,
Novell 4.1 and above, Linux, SCO, Solaris, FreeBSD, Mac os 9.0 and above."

which led me to believe that the device would work with my Red Hat
computer.  I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't.

Sláinte,